1. What is the best way to make broccoli at The Broccoli Hut?
Although this is a difficult question, since I enjoy the wonder-veggie in so many ways, I would say the best way to prepare it is in a tofu scramble, one of my all-time favorite dishes.
Here are some other delicious ways to enjoy this most glorious vegetable:
2. What it your all-time favorite recipe?
Another difficult decision! However, one recipe that never fails to make me and my stomach happy is Cashew-Ginger Tofu from Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan by Dreena Burton. That also happens to be an all-time favorite cookbook of mine.
3. Are you strictly vegetarian and when did you make this choice?
I eliminated meat and fish from my diet five years ago, when I was 16. After becoming comfortable with that lifestyle, I toyed with the idea of veganism (In fact, you can read about my contemplations here). I cut out eggs and dairy from my diet for a period last summer but found that I lacked energy; I also worried about my calcium intake considering my history with anorexia. Thus, I compromised: I am now a lacto-vegetarian, meaning I do not eat meat, fish, or eggs, but I still consume some dairy (mostly cottage cheese and Greek yogurt!). I think my story elucidates the notion that there is no "one-size-fits-all" diet, vegetarian or not--it's best to experiment and find what works well for your lifestyle.
4. Pair of shoes you could not live without?
I am quite the shoe fanatic, so I simply CANNOT choose just one pair.
-I have been fortunate enough to discover my perfect running shoe, the Nike Air Pegasus. I could walk forever and a day in these.
-I must always have a pair of classic black pumps. Here is my latest pair.-Fun shoes are also quite necessary.
5. Ethnic cuisine you most want to try (or country you'd most like to visit)?
I would love to try Korean fare. My aunt is Korean, and one of my best friends here at school is Korean, and they are always singing the praises of Kim Chee and Korean BBQ. I'd be interested in finding a locale that specializes in Korean cuisine...but I am not sure I'll find it in North Carolina OR Alabama. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to make a voyage to Korea one of these days!
Now it's your turn!
If you would like to be interviewed:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." If a few people want interviews, I will randomly pick 2.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Enjoy your Saturday!