Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lazy Day

Happy Tuesday! Today was a pretty uneventful day--just did some grocery shopping and went to the mall to look for some new gym shoes. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was looking for Nike Shox, but they're pretty expensive...would def have to be an Easter present! I like the ones that are iPod compatible though. Decisions, decisions...


Anyway, my breakfast was pretty boring because I was in a rush to get to the grocery store. I just had some Fiber One with almond milk and some peaches with sliced almonds. I was starving when I got back, so I had a protein packed lunch: California Cobb Salad (romaine, tomatoes, mashed avocado, smoked tempeh, and hard-boiled egg whites). I also had some Kashis, and strawberries with cottage cheese.





My dinner was inspired California Pizza Kitchen. They have a famous BBQ chicken pizza that they sell in the restaurant as well as in the freezer section of grocery stores. To tell the truth, I have never had it, but the way people rave about it made me think I should try a similar combination of flavors. I made myself a flatbread version with stewed tomatoes, 2% mozzarella, seitan, mushrooms, and Annie's Chipotle BBQ sauce. It turned out pretty darn tasty! It was a little soggy toward the end, but otherwise a success! I forgot to take the picture until after I was halfway done. You may be able to see the remnants of my side salad and steamed asparagus on the plate...





Well, those were the highlights of my culinary experience today...I am off to hang with the fam. Enjoy your evening!

No comments: